Autism Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Astrid (“Astrid360”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) has created this Policy to inform you about how we handle information we collect about you, who we share it with, and your rights around such information. This Policy applies when you use our services through the website www.astrid360.com (“Site”). For the purposes of this Policy, the Site, software applications, and other products and services provided by Astrid will be referred to as “Services.”
II. How We Collect Information
While using our Services we may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you (“Personal Information”). This does not include aggregated or de-identified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked with you.
A. Information Provided by You
You may provide us with Personal Information in several ways.
- Account Creation: Your name, email, phone number, and other relevant information when you create an account. We may also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
- Information You Post on the Services: Where available on the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your username, comments, interests, status, pictures, and references to your online presence.
- Information You Provide About Others: When you create an account to use the Service, you will have the opportunity to provide information about others, such as children or others for whom you provide care.
- Customer Support: If you contact us for assistance or support, we may collect your name, email address, phone number or any other content that you send us.
- Mailing List Subscription: If you subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters, we will collect your email and postal address.
- Participation in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, and surveys: If you choose to participate in our contests, surveys, promotions, or sweepstakes, we will collect information provided by you such as survey responses and contact information.
- Interaction with our social media accounts: We may collect information from your social media account if you interact with our social media presence.
B. Information Collected Automatically
- Log Data: When you use our Services, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user, our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser software version or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your mobile device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our Services.
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of users of our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third-party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
- DO NOT TRACK. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether you intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether you even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not act in response to these signals.
C. Information We May Collect From Other Sources
- Activity and Usage Information: We may receive information from third parties, such as technical service and analytics providers, on your interests, browsing behavior, and other navigation data, such as advertisements viewed and websites visited, to customize content and advertising.
- Public Information: We may receive and display information which you make publicly available on your social media account or when you interact with any of our content (such as entering sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, and requesting information from us).
- Social Media Services: Some of our Services may include features that are designed to interact with social media platforms and other third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). If you access the Services using one of these social media platforms or other third-party services, we may receive information about you from those third parties such as account and profile data.
III. Purposes for Which We May Use and/or Share Your Personal Information
We may also use the Personal Information we have about you:
- to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
We may also combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may then use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
IV. How We Share Your Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to improve our Services and to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Promotional Purposes: We may share your Personal Information with business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers.
- Acquisition, merger, or bankruptcy: We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Advertisers: We may share Personal Information with advertisers, advertising networks, and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and, in some cases, to others
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers: We may share Personal Information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Service.
- Public Posting: Our Services may provide the opportunity to create user profiles or post comments in a public Community forum. Members who register with the Service will have the opportunity to access the Forum including posting questions and reading responses from other members and from us. Use of the Forum is subject to these Community Guidelines.
- Feedback: We may collect feedback from you about your experience to compare your experience with other users of the Services in order to improve the quality of the Services. This feedback is the property of Astrid, and we reserve the right to share it with any third-party.
- Disclosures Pursuant to Legal Process: We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in the event of an emergency, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, the safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
We may also share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose non-identifying information and Log Data with to parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
A. Marketing and Advertising
We use your Personal Information to tailor our marketing and advertising efforts. To do this, we provide your information to third party advertising networks (such as Google Doubleclick) and social media companies (such as Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms). When we provide data to agencies, ad networks, and other parties for targeted advertising, we do not provide them with your name, financial information, or any sensitive information. We use online identifiers such as email, cookie addresses, and device identifiers to help us provide targeted advertising to you and others like you. We may also use aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to target audiences.
To opt out of targeted advertising, you may use the following links provided by third parties that manage opt outs for some ad networks:
B. Email Marketing
We will send you email communications from us and our partners, when you sign up for our mailing lists, purchase our merchandise, subscribe to our content online, or enter a contest or sweepstakes. You can opt out of these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving commercial emails, you will still receive emails that are transactional in nature, such as actions taken on your account, updates to our online policies, and other transactional communications.
C. Text Messaging
We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You may opt-out entirely of receiving any text messages from us—promotional, transactional, or otherwise—by replying STOP to any text message you receive from us. Message and data rates may apply. By opting-in to receive text messages from us, you agree that we may use the mobile number you provide to send you SMS messages using an autodialer or automated system even if you have submitted that number to a Do Not Call registry or have specifically asked to be placed on our internal Do Not Call list.
D. Social Media Sharing
You may be able to use social sharing features and other integrated tools on the Site such as the Facebook “Like” button. These features and tools may permit you to share actions you take on our Service with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the service that provides the social sharing feature. If you use social sharing features on the Site, both Astrid and the social media services may have access to certain information about you and your use of both our Site and theirs. If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our Services may allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behavior to the personal data held on your social media site.
In addition, we may request your permission to a) access and collect information available from your social networking account; and b) post information to your friends on your behalf. When you connect your social networking service with your Astrid account, you authorize us to access certain information about you from your social networking service to provide content and services, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Services. The information we may access from your social networking services is governed by the privacy policies and settings of those third-party services.
V. Your Content
If you participate in our online services or access certain public or other interactive areas on the Sites, such as commenting on our forums or by creating a public profile, the information you voluntarily disclose may be accessible to other Site users and, in some cases, the general public. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
VI. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are an individual (not business) California resident, you have the right to request information about how and what information we collect from you and share such information with others during the 12-month period prior to the request (the “Right to Know”). We will provide this information upon verifying your identity.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions as provided by California law (the “Right to Delete”), also subject to verification of your identity.
You may submit either or both of these requests to [email protected]. If you make a request by e-mail, please provide your name, user account (if any), and postal address on file with us. If you are making a request on behalf of another person, such as a parent or a minor for whom you are the legal parent or guardian, you must also provide their name, address, user account (if applicable) and postal address, as well as official proof or authorization of your capacity in such role. We will be unable to respond to your request if any of the above requirements are not met.
Upon receipt of a request, we will confirm receipt within ten (10) business days using the information provided in the request. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us at the address below. We will endeavor to provide a substantive response to a verifiable user request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any Right to Know response we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. If we are unable to honor or provide a response to your request, our response will explain the reasons why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable user request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. As such, Astrid uses standard physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to reduce risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, as such we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit on or through the Services or that we otherwise maintain.
VIII. Not Directed to Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor who is under 16 years old and using our Services, you may contact us at [email protected] to request and arrange for deletion of any Personal Information we may have collected about the minor. For privacy reasons we may request proof of relationship to the minor.
We may update this Policy from time to time. When we update the Policy, we will notify you by updating the “Effective Date” date at the top of this Policy, posting the new Policy, and providing any other notice required by applicable law. We recommend that you review the Policy each time you visit the Site to stay informed of our privacy practices. If you do not agree or consent to these updates or changes, do not continue to use the Service.
X. Links to Third Party Websites
Our Services, email updates, and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others, including our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
XI. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at [email protected].